Monday, June 1, 2009

Simplify

I have been intrigued with the personal disciplines of a Christ follower (Christian- if that means following the teachings of Jesus). One of the many disciplines that especially intrigues me is Simplicity. Richard Foster's book, Simplicity, is a very interesting read to me.

Recently, my son, Lee, encouraged me to consider simplicity as a way of living. So, I am going to try it.

1. I will limit my expenditures of not-needed things. I know that for some people that some things seem needed by some while others would see them as not-needed. I also am aware that some things are tremendous time-savers and that time is extremely valuable.

2. My journey began by not buying a blower to cleanup after lawnmowing. I saved $99 and just used a broom. Good exercise and more money to give to missions.

3. I plan to read more with books from the library. Simply simple but I like it.

I hope to hear how others are simplifying and centering in on what's important.

2 comments:

  1. I am not trying Simplicity because I am super-spiritual. I am trying it because it seems right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog Dad. I agree with the idea of simplicity. We can thrive on so little. The other stuff seems to get in the way. We can't take it with us anyway.

    ReplyDelete